Village Gurl-hosur (Guruvanpur)
mayarpitmanobuddhihi mamevaishyasya sanshayam ||
Once Shri. Chidambara Mahaswamiji decided to go for darshana of Shri Runuka mataji in Saudatti. Accordingly he went to Saudatti. Many people and the King of that area also accompanied. Shri. Chidambara Mahaswamiji performed mahapooja of Shri Renuka devi. At that time Shri. Chidambara Mahaswamiji said, “This area is very good. Malaprabha river is also auspicious”. Mahaswamiji liked the area is very much. After hearing this, the King planned to build a village there. Then Shri. Chidambara Mahaswamiji went to Murugod (Amar Kalyan).
Here the King along with Shri. Chidambara Mahaswamiji's son Diwakar, started to build a new village. As the King himself was interested in the work, the village was built very quickly. And complited from 1807-18nama1085. Many land lords , kings built their big houses . One day the King requested Shri. Chidambara Mahaswamiji to inaugurate the village. Accordingly Shri. Chidambara Mahaswamiji agreed . The village was named as NAVGURUPUR. At present it is known as GURLHOSUR. The village has become a education center within a short time because all the teachings of hinduism are being taught there. There are about 700 students of vedas, about 60 Rampathis, 350 Shastra pathis, Karmakand, Kala, Upasana, Trivedis, Dwivedis, Ekapathis etc. Learners are many. This has happened because actually Shri. Chidambara Mahaswamiji was teaching there at along with others. Since then the village is known to every body with respect like Banaras It is the place where Shri Rajaram Maharaj wrote his first 527 abhangas out of 151491abhangas
The 4th son of Shri Chidambar Mahaswamiji use to live here . On 1973 Gurl hosur came under back water of Malaprabha dam , and from 06/07/1972 itself the place is shifted to Savadatti. Presently Shri Sundaresh Bapu Dixit continued the worship here.